We’ve really seen God’s faithfulness in Claire’s life the last couple of days. Ever since we first asked you to pray, the bleeding has stopped, and it hasn’t started again. If it did, they’d immediately do a surgery to try and locate the source of the bleeding, but as long as it doesn’t, then there is no need for surgery. That was miracle #1.
Miracle #2 deals with her lungs… after the first surgery, they told us that it looked like her entire lung was dead. She was going to lose 50 percent of her lung capacity. Now, they’re saying that the tissue they thought was dead now looks alive, and they expect her to only lose about 15 percent of her lung capacity.
Just a couple of days ago they were telling us that she could very well die. Now they are giving hopeful prognosis. The only thing that has changed is prayer. Thank you.
Hopefully this will be our last post before leaving for Tibet. I say hopefully because we’re still waiting around for our entrance permits. I’m a planner, and the fact that we don’t have a required piece of documentation less than 5 hours before we depart has my stomach in knots. Having just seen God’s faithfulness in Claire’s life, you’d think that I could muster up enough faith that this will all work out. You’d think wrong. I’m lousy at trusting. But, here’s to hoping we’re on a train tonight. And here’s to hoping that I’m able to learn how to trust…