2020 had some firsts for me. First time to give my husband a haircut. First time to get published. He’s taken over the haircuts, but I’ve kept writing. From the New York Times to Texas Monthly to our local paper, here’s everything I’ve written for publication so far.
- New York Times | May 12, 2021 | Are We Following The Science Or Our Tribes? (This essay also appeared in the May 13, 2021 print edition.) | Download a free copy.
- Midland Reporter-Telegram | December 31, 2020 | We Were Left With Just Enough
- Texas Monthly | October 20, 2020 | Midland School Discards Its Confederate Name
- Midland Reporter-Telegram | August 9, 2020 | Not Opening Schools Will Be Devastating For Vulnerable Kids
- New York Times | April 30, 2020 | This ‘Big Oil’ Bust Is Killing My Town